Friday, June 20, 2008

Dance baby Dance!

After giving up my training in classical dance when I was 15, due to several reasons with "no time" being the most prominent, I have never missed dancing... till I reached the US. When in India, I always used to find some reason or the other to dance... dancing cos of happiness, dancing to release my tension, dancing as my friends wanted me to, dancing as there is some program (and there is lesser number of people to participate!)... But once I got here, I realized thats what I miss most in my life! Thanks to my husband, without even telling my parents, I joined again for dance classes... :) I thought if not on stage at least I can dance once in a week...
& voila! A lil' more than a month after I joined, our academy (see http://pampans.com/) decided to give a performance and I can proudly say that I am a part of it :) This is going to be the very first of its kind that I am going to o in my life.. Something that I have been wanting to be a part of so badly from dunno when... The music is just fantastic and the choreography is mind blowing! Hope all goes fine and we can give a grand performance exceeding the expectations of the more than 600 viewers!

1 comment:

DD said...

Vicky had phoned me some weekend when you had gone for the practice sessions...all the best! Is it gonna be recorded somewhere/shown on some "pravasi malayali" TV channel?
And I did not know you were a trained dancer :)