Tuesday, March 25, 2008

"College Sucks"!!

Please dont be misled by the title of this post. This happens to be the profile pic of my college community I am part of in Orkut. As a matter of fact, there are several communities of my college and this is one of them, which has been created & moderated by "kids" I dont know personally. Though I am not an active member (speaking of which I am not one of any of them!), I do like visiting this particular one as I get to know all updates of whats happening in my college, the curriculum, the placement (whoa! this one just amazes me), the staff, the happenings, everything. I guess thats one good thing about these kiddos. They seem to update each and every thing in here, just opposite to whats happening with my batch's one, which has not seen a vote/ comment posted in years! :D
Now I am not saying that I luuuvvvvddd my college when I was studying there. But this profile pic really did hurt me! :( I felt its ok to have discussions/ forums/ comments in the community against the college, cos c'mon, "its after all a place to discuss your feelings". But putting a pic like this! Man, I was depressed :( I felt like removing myself from it, but then I saw that so many of my batch mates were there and again, I didn want to miss all the discussions & the up-to-date news there. Of course I can still read them without being a part of it, but then whats the point! If I am interested in whats happening there, I should have the courtesy to come out in the light and admit it!
I have posted a comment there asking if the profile pic is really needed. Now lets see whats going to happen with that! I dont really know the kids these days, mabbe they will think I am just an ol woman accusing them ;) But my question is, after all that you are going to be benefited from from being in the college and the simple fact that you whole heartedly joined the college in the first place, is this really needed?

4 comments:

sree said...

aiyo senti senti..naseer sheela thotu pokkum...[:D]

Sibi said...

Rajagiri alle... albutham illa... [:P]

Abhinav Viswambharan said...

It indeed was quite sad. What was even worse was the fact that, even after pointing it out, nothing was done. Instead, those folks started justifying it.

Somehow, they fail to realize that it's a orkut community which represents the institution where we studied, and not their personal orkut profile where they can have whatever they like.

Anyways, there is little we can do about those kiddos...probably once they get out of college they might appreciate the fact that they got to spend 4 years of their life at the place that 'sucks'.

Roshini said...

@Sree/ Sibi: Kurachelum senti aakam ennu vechal sammathikilla alle!!! :D
@Abhi: Exactly my feelings! I had "unjoined" from there, as I could not stand it, but recently saw it removed and the owner also changed, so again happily joined back!