Thursday, March 13, 2008

Water water everywhere!!!


Miami beaches, phew! We got 2 days to spend here, thanks to Florida having nothing more to offer for a 7-day tour. And we never regretted it :) First day there, we spend our entire day in the cool, clear water. And it led to some important discoveries I never knew about myself. I am afraid of going too deep into the water :( :( :( I grew up with the Shangumukham beach in Trivandrum to my expense when ever I needed it and as far as I can remember, my pa & I were always in the water when ever we got to the beach! Even the southern-most tip of India - Kanyakumari , was not so far and we enjoyed it so very much there as well. And suddenly now, when I went to the North and South Miami beaches, I couldn force myself to got too deep into the water or to remain in the water for too long, even after hubby's persuasion and coaxing and what not! And I couldn bring myself to believe in that, and kept on trying to calm myself saying stupid things like "mabbe its just cos u dont know the Atlantic Ocean"!!! Have you ever experienced such a sudden change in ur interests/ aptitudes/ fears??
Anyways, coming back to what I started off... So, one day was full of beaching (of course bird-watching included ;) ) and getting ourselves "tanned"! The second day was spend roaming around the beautiful avenues and sitting on the sand, building moulds on my legs!
Here, I HAVE to mention the Collins Avenue, the center of attraction with almost all the designer labels I know of (and much more I have never heard ;)), the too crowded pathways with the hot-hotter-hottest gals & guys, the scooters with the coolest chicks vrooming around shouting in their highest shrilling voices and the hip restaurants, which of course we couldn go, thanks to the aroma of the seafood floating all across the streets.
And as they say, the beaches here are celebrity shooting spots :) And we did get a chance to see a photo-shoot, with the bare chested six-pack hunk in his faded jeans torn too very badly at his knees and his all the more handsome photographer. The hunk giving all sorts of poses, sitting-standing-lying down-rolling on the sand, and what not!!! And as soon as he left, I also did a photo shoot with my ___ pack hubby darling as my object of photography :D
In all, the experience I had there, phew!! Cant compare it with anything I have seen/ heard so far in my life!!! A must-go place for everyone who love water and for everyone who want to have some real fun & want to party real hard :)

5 comments:

Sibi said...

Chennai beach is missing?
he he... tell me... How many kilometers from miami beach to washington D C??? ;)

Roshini said...

@guhn: I dont know who u r and wat u r talkin abt!
@Sibi: I actually missed Besant Nagar!! But then again, I have not played too much thr, thanks to the dirt in the water as wel in Chennai.. :(

Sibi said...

ho u didnt play much... ok ok..
But still with all the dirt... itz good.. :)

nostringsattached said...

don't u think ur label for the post is ironic?? the whole comparison of Knayakumari beach, Shangumugam and MIAMI... :D

Roshini said...

@Sibi: I always used to prefer the Tiruvanmiyur Beach, but discovered it pretty late!
@EH: My post is not a comparison of the beaches!! Its basically about water! :)